|Address: 103-105 Castle Hill Road
Total Acres Preserved:15.5
Acres Owned by NFA: 15.5
Parking and access: Limited, 103-105 Castle Hill Road
Trails: Limited - Click to see Trail Map
The Association was started in 1923 when Dr. Howard Peck presented a this gift of 7.2 acres of land to
nine Newtown neighbors, forming "Newtown Forester's Association." Additional lands, added from concerned
citizens including Cornelia Hawley, Charles Peck, Henry Young and Emmet & Gladys Close,
formed the 15.5-acre "Newtown Town Forest". Of notable interest, this is believed to be the first known official Town
Forest in the United States of America.
|November 2004 - Sign Posting
off of Castle Meadow Road
|Main trail off into the woods.